Here’s a Spotify Playlist of stuff I’ve worked and appeared on – including hosting/guest appearances, and music later in the playlist:
Recent production work:
- Maddie’s Sound Explorers was nominated for Best New Show in the Arias (UK Radio Academy Awards) and Best New Show, Best Family Show, and Smartest Show in the British Podcast Awards [May 2021].
- Wrote on Progression Obsession for 20,000Hz – about the most common chords in pop music [May 2021]
- Research and production on two episodes of The Allusionist – The Cake is Mightier Than The Sword (research and engineering for Buenos Aires protest pastries) and Podlingual (editing and production) [Feb-March 2021]. Researched the most common words appearing in Christmas songs for A Festive Hit [Dec 2020].
- Wrote and recorded a monologue for Adriene Lilly’s WFMU Marathon, a series of Meditations on Money [March 2021].
- Interviewed podcaster Ross Sutherland for their Patreon-only behind the scenes podcast series, Imaginary Reprise.
- 20,000Hz Podcast: I wrote and produced “Deepfake Dallas”, about Audio Deepfakes, as well as contributing music to the episode (September 2020). Wrote and produced their episode about John Cage’s 4’33” (January 2020). This episode was later adapted by Dallas Taylor for live performance at On Air 2020, and into a Main Stage TED Talk (July 2020).
- Maddie’s Sound Explorers (August 2020) – a science podcast for 7-10 year olds, featuring a song built from the sounds of science and nature every episode. I developed the 15-episode series with host Maddie Moate based on an original idea by exec producer Matt Hill. I booked and interviewed guests, scripted episodes with Maddie, and edited, produced, mixed and mastered the show, writing and a recording a new piece of music based around the sounds and ideas in each episode.
- Judge and mentor on the 2019 Pulse Awards – a £50,000 fund led by the Wellcome Trust and the British Podcast Awards. Eleven podcasts were funded, and I supported two makers – Dave Pickering for Down to A Sunless Sea: Memories of My Dad – a series combining memoir, biography, and interviews with scientists and activists to address issues around ageing, dementia, assisted dying, and health; and Sarah Golding’s “Anyone F’Coffee”, a mixed fiction/nonfiction narrative podcast exploring women’s health (October 2019-May 2020).
- Guested on the 90 Minutes or Less Film Festival podcast live screening discussing Safety Not Guaranteed with Colin Trevorrow, the film’s director (September 2019).
I’m a podcast maker from end to end – I create shows, research, interview, host, record, edit, mix, master, and score (see Podcast Music below). I have particular experience in running, hosting, producing/mastering, interviewing, writing, and creating music for podcasts.
For example, I make music for The Allusionist, and have also provided editorial input for a number of episodes and touring shows:
- Research and production: The Cake is Mightier Than The Sword, Podlingual, A Festive Hit, Second Home, and more.
- Tailored Scores: Harsh Realm, Eclipse, Continental, Transquilluisionist series.
- Live show: Additional writing, music, and performance on Allusionist Touring Show  and No Title 
- In 2018, I re-edited over 100 episodes to be suitable for ad injection, and remastered them for LUFS standardisation. I worked with their technical team to create an automated solution for gapless mp3s to reduce the intrusiveness of injected ads – a solution which the show currently uses.
I produce and co-host Song by Song (2015-, co-founded with Sam Pay), Winner of a 2017 British Podcast Award, which discusses every Tom Waits song in chronological order. Our guests have included Jon Ronson, Phoebe Judge, Jon Hodgman, Jeffrey Cranor, Simon Stephens and David Shrubsole.
I’m music director, live engineer, and comedy sidekick/science nerd on question-answering podcast Answer me This!:
Just so you know, it has rude words and racy content. We’ve been running since 2007 and have won two UK Radio Academy/Sony/Aria Awards.
- Co-creator, producer and alt. host of Brain Train (2012-2016, with Alice Bell).
- Co-creator, alt. host, and senior/exec producer of Global Lab (2011-2017, co-founded with Steven Gray).
- Year of the Bird (2019, formerly The Sound of The Ladies 2007-2017) podcast, composer, creator, host, everything else.
- Engineer and composer on the Bright Club Podcast (2010-2011).
I’ve also guested on The 90 Minutes or Less Film Festival (with Colin Trevorrow), The Wire Stripped, Scientists Not the Science, Twenty Thousand Hertz, Flixwatcher, Getting Better Acquainted, Bright Club, The Bugle [briefly], and Jordan, Jesse Go! [VERY briefly].