Recent production work:
- Co-wrote and performed poems and songs for Shadowtime on San Francisco’s bff.fm [June 2022]
- Editorial assistance for The Allusionist episode Asperger [April 2022], research and production on The Cake is Mightier Than The Sword (research and engineering for Buenos Aires protest pastries) and Podlingual (editing and production) [Feb-March 2021]. Researched the most common words appearing in Christmas songs for A Festive Hit [Dec 2020].
- Coding, performance, music and production on new Neutrinowatch episodes “Gluteal Strategies” and “Gus by Gus: Musings and Magic” [Feb-Mar 2022]
- Production, field recording and format development for the More Corners Podcast – the travel podcast that goes a little further. Recorded Vikings, an Elf Whisperer and visited a volcano for our Iceland episode [Sep-Dec 2021].
- Producer/composer on Rigged, a new series by Amy Westervelt / Critical Frequency about the history of PR [Oct-Dec 2021].
- Neutrinowatch has picked up some lovely press and interviews from BBC Podcast Radio Hour, Miranda Sawyer in The Guardian, Caroline Crampton in HotPod/Vulture, Podbible, Lauren Passell in Bello and Podcast The Newsletter, Podcast Movement, RTE Lyric FM, the Podcast Studies Podcast, and more [Oct 2021]
- Answer Me This won a Gold British Podcast Award in a special British Podcast Awards category to mark the end of 14 years of one of the UK’s most successful independent podcasts [July 2021].
- Wrote on Progression Obsession for 20,000Hz – about the most common chords in pop music [May 2021]
- Wrote and recorded a monologue for Adriene Lilly’s WFMU Marathon, a series of Meditations on Money [March 2021].
- Interviewed podcaster Ross Sutherland for their Patreon-only behind the scenes podcast series, Imaginary Reprise [Feb 2021].
- 20,000Hz Podcast: wrote and produced “Deepfake Dallas”, about Audio Deepfakes, as well as contributing music to the episode (September 2020). Wrote and produced their episode about John Cage’s 4’33” (January 2020). This episode was later adapted by Dallas Taylor for live performance at On Air 2020, and into a Main Stage TED Talk [July 2020].
- Maddie’s Sound Explorers – a science podcast for 7-10 year olds, featuring a song built from the sounds of science and nature every episode. I developed the 15-episode series with host Maddie Moate based on an original idea by exec producer Matt Hill. I booked and interviewed guests, scripted episodes with Maddie, and edited, produced, mixed and mastered the show, writing and a recording a new piece of music based around the sounds and ideas in each episode [Aug-Nov 2020].
- Judge and mentor on the 2019 Pulse Awards – a £50,000 fund led by the Wellcome Trust and the British Podcast Awards. Eleven podcasts were funded, and I supported two makers – Dave Pickering for Down to A Sunless Sea: Memories of My Dad – a series combining memoir, biography, and interviews with scientists and activists to address issues around ageing, dementia, assisted dying, and health; and Sarah Golding’s “Anyone F’Coffee”, a mixed fiction/nonfiction narrative podcast exploring women’s health [October 2019-May 2020].
- Guested on the 90 Minutes or Less Film Festival podcast live screening discussing Safety Not Guaranteed with Colin Trevorrow, the film’s director [September 2019].
- Co-host and produce Song by Song [September 2015-present]
- Performer, engineer and musical director on Answer Me This [January 2007-August 2021]
- Audio Production Awards
- 2021: Best Sound Design Producer (Bronze), Best Factual Producer (Nominated)
- British Podcast Awards
- 2021: Maddie’s Sound Explorers – Best Family Show (Gold), Smartest (Bronze), Best New Show (nominated); Answer Me This! – Gold Award.
- 2017: Song by Song – Best Arts Show (Gold)
- British Radio Academy Awards (Arias)
- 2021: Maddie’s Sound Explorers – Best New Show (Nominated)
- 2011: Answer Me This! – Best Internet Show (Gold)
- 2010: Answer Me This! – Best Internet Show (Silver)
- 2009: Answer Me This! – Best Internet Show (Nominated)
- Los Angeles Press Club National Arts & Entertainment Journalism Awards
- 2022: The Mubi podcast* – Best Arts or Entertainment Podcast
*Indicates that I was composer (and not producer or performer) on the podcast
I’m a podcast maker from end to end – I create shows, research, interview, host, record, edit, mix, master, and score (see Podcast Music below). I have particular experience in creating, hosting, producing/mastering, interviewing, writing, and creating music for podcasts.
For example, I make music for The Allusionist, and have also provided editorial input for a number of episodes and touring shows:
- Research and production: The Cake is Mightier Than The Sword, Podlingual, A Festive Hit, Second Home, and more.
- Tailored Scores: Harsh Realm, Eclipse, Continental, Transquilluisionist series.
- Live show: Additional writing, music, and performance on Allusionist Touring Show  and No Title 
- In 2018, I re-edited over 100 episodes to be suitable for ad injection, and remastered them for LUFS standardisation. I worked with their technical team to create an automated solution for gapless mp3s to reduce the intrusiveness of injected ads – a solution which the show currently uses.
I produce and co-host Song by Song (2015-, co-founded with Sam Pay), which discusses every Tom Waits song in chronological order. Our guests have included Jon Ronson, Phoebe Judge, Jon Hodgman, Jeffrey Cranor, Simon Stephens and David Shrubsole.
I was music director, live engineer, and comedy sidekick/science nerd on question-answering podcast Answer me This!:
Just so you know, it has rude words and racy content.
I’ve also guested on shows including The 90 Minutes or Less Film Festival (with Colin Trevorrow), The Wire Stripped, Scientists Not the Science, Twenty Thousand Hertz, Flixwatcher, Getting Better Acquainted, Bright Club, The Bugle [briefly], and Jordan, Jesse Go! [VERY briefly].