I have been composing and recording music and song for podcasts since 2007, most recently:
- I composed the music for Veronica Mars Investigation (2019-), apart from a little bit that the wonderful Jenny Owen Youngs wrote.
- I write the music for the Zoom podcast (since 2019) – a movie podcast which focuses on a different genre each episode, so the theme song has iterated through spaghetti western, 50s scifi, zombie movie, and soon, classical!
- I recorded the “Blockchain Explainer Song” and “Ethereum” for Episode 2 of ZigZag, and their end of Season One reprise, which was written up in the New York Times in 2018.
- In June 2017 I composed and recorded the score for The Allusionist’s Eclipse, inspired by Bonnie Tyler’s Total Eclipse of the Heart:
- and in May 2016 created the score for Continental using items in a Moab Bed and Breakfast:
You can listen to a lot more I’ve made here: https://lnns.co/f35SebFIYtE
- Zoom (theme, 2019-)
- Zig Zag (songs, 2018)
- Veronica Mars Investigations (theme and music, 2019-)
- The Allusionist (theme and music, 2015-)
- Answer Me This (music director and composer, 2007-)
- Mortified (vocal, 2016)
- Hey It’s OK (theme – Glamour Magazine UK, 2016)
- Pappy’s Flatshare Slamdown (song, 2011)
- The Beef and Dairy Network (song, 2016)
- Bright Club (theme, 2010)
- The Wire Stripped (theme, 2017)
- The 90 Minutes or Less Film Festival (theme, 2018)
- Getting Better Acquainted (song, 2017)
- Why Are Computers? (theme, 2013)
- The Global Lab (theme, 2011)
- Brain Train (theme, 2012)
- Sex Chat With Vera Chok (theme, 2017)
- Sound Women (theme, 2011)
- The Family Tree (songs, 2017, 2019)
You can hear instrumental versions of my music on recent episodes of The Allusionist– as well as the theme tune I created.
I have written and performed music for The Allusionist Live (US, Canada, UK, Australia and New Zealand, 2017-2019), The Bugle (US, 2018) and Radiotopia Live (US, 2018), Third Coast International Audio Awards (Chicago, USA, 2017), 99% Allusional (with 99% Invisible and The Allusionist, USA, 2017).